At Rock Island Animal Hospital, we strongly believe that professional dental care is the best way to prevent damage to your pet’s teeth and gums. Routine cleanings are essential to good oral health and key to preventing the onset of periodontal disease.
Rock Island Animal Hospital provides comprehensive pet dentistry services for cats and dogs in the Quad Cities, IL. Our dental care program includes:
- Dental cleanings under anesthesia: We use anesthesia to ensure your pet doesn’t experience pain during the procedure and remains comfortable while we perform a thorough cleaning of their teeth and gums.
- Full-mouth radiographs: Digital x-rays allow us to examine below the gumline for inflammation or any signs of bacterial disease.
- Comprehensive oral exam: We assess each tooth, develop dental charts, and check your pet’s oral cavity for sores/ulcers or signs of gum recession.
- Ultrasonic scaling and polishing: This helps lower the rate of plaque and tartar build-up.
- Extractions and oral surgery when necessary
Our experienced team can also help you develop a plan for effective at-home dental care and show you how to brush your pet’s teeth on a regular basis to prevent bad breath.
Rock Island Animal Hospital staff are trained on how to use Fear Free® techniques and are committed to providing a stress-free dental visit for your pet. Our mission is to keep your pet safe from oral disease and improve their overall health and wellbeing.
To learn more about our pet dental care services, please call us at (309) 788‑6378 or email us.