AAHA Certified, Fear Free Certified Veterinarian in Rock Island
Welcome to Rock Island Animal Hospital, where we care for your pets like they were our own. Our AAHA certified veterinary practice offers puppy and kitten care, wellness exams, emergency services, and more, all at an affordable price. Our veterinarian, Dr. Elizabeth Narske, is Fear Free certified along with other staff members, showing our commitment to the practice of compassionate care for every pet.
Our main goal is to help you keep your pets healthy, and we offer many different ways to accomplish this goal through preventative care:
- Preventative care such as regular pet exams and vaccinations both prevent disease and look for problems before they may be obvious to the untrained eye.
- Puppy and kitten care such as vaccinations, worming, and spay or neuter helps get your pet off to the best possible start in life.
- Pet dental care helps avoid the problems that come from advanced gum disease, painful cracked teeth, and other issues that may arise in your pet's mouth.
Diagnostics and Medical Management
If your pet has an unknown condition, we can help you figure out what is going on. Most on-going conditions can be treated here at our facility, but in cases where we believe that your pet would benefit from specialist care, we do have a roster of specialists in the area who we can refer out to.
We are open for emergency care during our regular business hours. If your pet is having an emergency, call us or bring them in immediately. We can treat all of the most common types of injuries and illnesses:
- Bites and lacerations from other animals
- Broken bones and internal injuries from fights, being hit by cars, or falling
- Lacerations from sharp objects in your pet's environment
- Sudden illness, such as high fever, non-stop vomiting, severe diarrhea, and more
We hope you will never need our emergency care, but if you do, we are here to help.
We Provide a Caring, Low-Stress Atmosphere
Most pets do not enjoy going to the veterinarian, which is understandable given all of the necessary poking and prodding that goes into veterinary care. However, your pet does not have to be terrified of being at the vet, either. Our Fear Free certified staff have undergone training specifically aimed at helping us create the most low-stress, comfortable environment and interaction possible for your pet.
Call Us Today to Schedule Pet Exams and More!
Our staff here at Rock Island Animal Hospital never requires an appointment--walk-ins are always welcome during normal business hours for pet exams and more. If you would prefer to make an appointment at our AAHA certified veterinary facility, call us today at (309) 788-6378. Certain procedures such as pet dental cleanings do require an appointment, so feel free to call and ask about these.